Dear First Grade Parents,
First Grade is leaving the Revolutionary War in the past and will be traveling with Lewis and Clark for a week with the Westward Expansion. Then we will travel back in time to early civilization. The students will be introduced to Mesopotamia and the “Cradle of Civilization”. They will study the importance of the land, rivers, and other topographical features. Please be on the lookout, parent volunteers will be needed very soon!
Did you know that our first graders are out of this world? Speaking of out of this world, in science we are discovering facts about planets, constellations, earth’s rotation and the moon. Be sure to ask your child, what’s the brightest star in the sky?
There’s no place like home Mercy Let the cat out of the bag
- The Pied Piper of Hamelin
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit
- Tales of Br’er Rabbit
- I Know All the Sounds Animals Make
- The Pasture
We wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all the parents who helped put on a spectacular Valentine party for the first graders. Everyone had a great time!
Important Dates to Remember:
- March 5th – PTO Meeting 5:30-6:30
- March 6th – Science and Engineering Fair 3pm-5pm
- March 6th – O.H.S.O Brewery
- March 8th – Talent Show 6pm-7pm Desert Shadows Middle School
- March 9th – Carnival
- March 15th – Early release 11:30 dismissal
- March 15th – Rita’s Italian Ice
- March 15th – Report cards
- March 18th – March 22nd – Spring Break
- March 26th - Smashburger