May 2019 Newsletter
Ms. Gina & Ms. Sydnee
May Day, May Day! Summer up ahead! No, it is not a distress call, but merely a sign to let you know that the last day of school is just around the corner. We can hardly believe that the end is near and this month is a mixture of excitement and melancholy. Everyone is looking forward to the end of the school year and the start of a fun-filled summer. However, we are looking back fondly on a school year filled with magic and discovery. Our students have grown so much right before our eyes and we are so proud of them all. We are excited for all their achievements and can’t wait to see them grow even more next year! However, we will miss them greatly – they have been a wonderful class!
To celebrate all the fun we have had in preschool this year, we dedicate the month of May to the art of having fun! We have packed our calendar with activities to tickle both the funny bone and the imagination. Our theme-a-day will keep the kids busy and us busier! Painting! Play Dough! Water play! It is the perfect way to wrap up our year and jump into summer. But we can’t forget to honor one of the most important people in our lives . . . dear, sweet MOM! On Friday, May 10th, we invite all Moms for a special Mother’s Day Tea, presented by your children. We will start at 11:00am and go to noon. We hope you can join us for refreshments, songs and special surprises from your kiddos. We hope that everyone can join us. It will be a delightful morning! Official invitations are on the way!
Since this will be a busy month, here is a handy guide with important dates to keep in mind:
- Friday, May 3rd: Art Masterpiece. This is our last one for the year. We would love to have you help!
- Friday, May 10th, 11:00am – noon: Mother’s Day Tea.
- Friday, May 17th: we are having an “Un-Birthday” celebration. If your child has a summer birthday, we will be honoring them at this time. We will have an ice cream party to celebrate and a sign-up sheet will be available soon.
- Wednesday, May 22nd: Our end of the year Aloha party will be during our normal class hours. We are asking that you donate $5 toward this party & a keepsake for your child.
- Friday, May 24th: The last day of school. This is an early dismissal day, no lunches will be served. Thank you again for a wonderful year in preschool! We have enjoyed getting to know both children and parents alike and will truly miss you all! Thank you for sharing your amazing treasures with us – it was an unforgettable year! Have a wonderful summer and we hope you will all visit us next year!Ms. Gina and Ms. Sydnee