Benchmark school offers children from the age of three through the sixth grade, an education based on the Core Knowledge Curriculum. Technology and the arts are combined in a sensorial, hands on program. A solid foundation of knowledge through a first class education will be individually structured to optimize each child’s potential. The program is based on an understanding that education is a shared responsibility of the school, parents, and community as well as the learner. Effective citizens and leaders hold moral values in high esteem. A strong emphasis will be placed on teaching these values that are recognized as essential by all cultures independent of age or geography. Our goal is to provide a strong academic foundation complemented by artistic creativity and good habits that will last a lifetime.
The preschool program goals include:
- Providing a relaxed and loving atmosphere where self-concept is enhanced, independence and choices are encouraged, and self-discipline is gained. An atmosphere where the child knows their limits and expectations.
- Developing in each child an appreciation for beauty and nature.
- Providing a wide variety of activities drawn from the curriculum areas of art, math, science, cooking, music and movement, social studies, practical life, dramatic play, language arts, and manipulative activities.
- Promoting emotional, social, intellectual, and physical growth which in turn will promote curiosity and enthusiasm for the world in which they live.
- Being supportive of parents encouraging their involvement, as well as open and honest communication.