Meet the Director
Meet the Director: Kip Burns joined the Benchmark Team in the fall of 2017 to continue an exciting career, that spans over 50 years. Raised in Southern California, Kip has worked as both an administrator and teacher in Arizona, Florida, New Mexico, Overseas (Marshall Islands, Kwajalein) on two native American reservations, Coconino County Jail, and for the Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections. Additionally, Kip and her husband Mike work part-time as educational consultants.
- Superintendent, Principal, Supervisor, Elementary Teacher (K-8), and Special Education Teacher (K-12); Specific endorsements in Specific Learning Disability, Emotional Disabilities, Cognitive Disabilities, (Mild, Moderate and Severe), Structured English Immersion (SEI), and Community College Instruction.
Education: Northern Arizona University
- B.S. (1974), in Education , Magna cum Laude
- M.A. (1997) Educational Leadership, Summa cum Laude
- Family: Kip is happily married to Michael Burns whom she met in junior high school. Kip and Mike have four grown children and six grandchildren ranging in age from less than two to almost eleven.
- Family Pets: Scottie and Maggie (rescue dogs that appear to be part Terrier and Chihuahua.
- Hobbies and Interests: Traveling, Camping, Kayaking, Dogs, and Reading Educational articles and journals.
- Religion: Christian